Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Year, New Designs!

Happy New Year, everyone! I know that we're already practically in March, but better late than never! I hope that you all enjoyed a healthy and joyous holiday season with your families and loved ones and are looking forward to the start of spring.

I'm thrilled to say that this year you can expect to see some new jewelry from LC Designs USA. I have been taking, and will continue to take, a few classes to expand my knowledge and abilities to create beautiful pieces with new materials. Just to give you a "sneak-peek," one class uses techniques involving fused glass and another is a metal clay class. This year, I hope to incorporate metal work- featuring brass, copper and sterling silver as well as precious metal clay- into my designs! One of this spring's "hot" items will be cork bracelets. Last fall brought gorgeous leather bracelet designs and this spring will follow with natural cork designs using porcelain, ceramic sliders as well as beads from Nepal. Stay tuned- new and exciting things are on the way!

Before we get too far into this year, I'd like to highlight some of my favorite LC Designs USA moments from 2013 and share them with you all.

1) Handicrafts from Around the World: November 22nd-24th

I participated in this three-day craft fair in New Hartford, Connecticut just before the holiday season began. I had a wonderful time at this craft fair and was surrounded by other talented crafters selling their own unique and special wares. 

Here are some photos of my booth:



2) Biannual LC Designs USA Open House: November 21st

The day before the Handicrafts from Around the World craft fair began, I hosted an Open House for my dear friends, family and coworkers. It was a fun-filled evening of good company, good friends and of course, lots and lots of beautiful jewelry!

 
All set up and ready for browsing!

 
A fun, new design from 2013: Leather and Rings bracelets with seed beads and vintage buttons.

 

Leather and rings bracelets up close.

 
Next up: necklaces and matching earrings.
 
 
Beautiful, handmade pumpkin beads.

 
 
Pearls and a Christmas tree- the perfect jewelry for any Christmas party!

 
If you're looking for a beautiful gift on a smaller scale (or smaller budget), how about you browse LC Design USA's earring selection?!
 

 
Another fun design new to 2013: leather cuff bracelets with beautiful clasps and attention-calling beads.
 
 
Aren't the lampwork beads below lovely?!

 
Here are three-strand Swarovski crystal bracelets. Custom orders (for which you choose three or four colors) are available!

 
Wrap bracelets and some other fun designs.

 
3) National Federation of Paralegals Annual Convention: October 3rd and 4th

In October, I was privileged to be asked to be an non-industry vendor at my industry's annual convention in Hartford, Connecticut. 

4) Biannual LC Designs USA Open House: May 9th

Similar to my Open House in November, I hosted my spring Open House on May 9th- just before Mother's Day for anyone looking for some great gift ideas!

If you missed any of these LC Designs events last year, or if you're anxious to know what's to come later in 2014, here are some upcoming events I'll be participating in:

1) Around the World Handcraft Sale: April 4th-6th in New Hartford, Connecticut

2) Biannual LC Designs USA Open House: May 8th in Windsor Locks, Connecticut 

Stay tuned, everyone, and have a wonderful start to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment