Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What I'm Working on Now...

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope that your week is off to a good start and that you all enjoyed your weekend, despite giving up an hour of sleep on Saturday night. Personally, I think that the extra daylight is well worth it!

I've got a few events coming up in the next two months (I'm very excited!) and that means that I'm hard at work, busily working on new jewelry and designs. While I am starting to "feel the pressure," I'm excited for all that I have planned, including my first-ever private "jewelry-party" with my niece Katie, and hope that you enjoy these "sneak-peeks" for 2014!

Leather and Rings Bracelets

Back by popular demand- I'm working with more color combinations and new vintage buttons this spring!

 
Aren't the colors of the Japanese seed beads beautiful?!

 

Wrap Bracelets (Single and Multiple Strands) and Chinese Knotting Cord Bracelets

In addition to long wrap bracelets (made with leather cord and seed beads) that wrap around the wrist 2-4 times, I am also experimenting with wrap bracelets that only have one "strand." They are much shorter than the longer wrap bracelets and perfect for layering! A completely new and funky design that I have learned recently is the Chinese Knotting Cord design. I make these bracelets by, you guessed it, knotting cord and then finishing the design with fun clasps and toggles.

 
A longer wrap bracelet with a vintage bead "clasp."

 
Below, you have two shorter wrap bracelets and finally, a Chinese knotting cord bracelet with a copper clasp.
 
 
"Chunky" Beaded Statement Bracelets

These bracelets are fun and contain quite a lot of beads! They'll be sure to draw a lot of attention (the good kind, of course!) to your wrists and make quite a statement when worn on your girls' night out or other special occassion!

 
 
This single-color beaded bracelet has silver endcaps and toggles.

 
 
This multi-color seed bead bracelet also has silver endcaps but its clasp is an easy-to-use magnet!
 

Leather Cuff Bracelets

These funky leather cuff bracelets feature copper or brass clasps and ceramic tube beads. These are some of my favorite pieces that I've made recently!


 
I just love the beads and clasps on these pieces!


Bracelet and Earring Sets

These sets of bracelets and earrings are made with a plethora of different beads. They can be purchased together for a matching pair or separately.

 
The topmost bracelet/earring set is made with Czech glass beads.
The middle set is made with lampwork beads and pearls.
 
 

Handcoiled Wire Bracelets

These bracelets feature copper and silver-plated wire that I've handcoiled and fitted with copper and silver endcaps, respectively. In the center of each bracelet, a stunning statement lampwork bead is featured. Below, you can see two that I just finished this past weekend. These bracelets are a great option for someone who loves the look of my Viking Knit bracelets but wishes to purchase something slightly less expensive!

 
Hard at work on the copper and silver-plated bracelets!


That's all for now; I hope you've enjoyed taking a "sneak-peak" at some of what you'll see from me this spring! Stay tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment